Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics
- Israel’s military announced its first criminal investigations into troop conduct in the Gaza war, centered on the killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and her family and of 15 Palestinian paramedics.
- The military said it would not open criminal investigations into three other attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders.
- Its statement said reviews had been completed of 150 incidents of troop conduct in Gaza and decisions had been made in five cases.
- Rajab and her family were killed in February 2024 after being trapped in a car and pleading for help by phone, and the killing of the medics in May 2025 drew international outcry.
- Rajab’s grandmother said the Israeli investigation was not enough and called for an international probe.
- The article says the military did not address several other high-profile killings it has previously pledged to investigate, including a 2025 strike on a Gaza hospital that killed five journalists.
Israel’s military said on Wednesday that it has opened criminal investigations into troop conduct in two Gaza war cases: the killing of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and her family, and the killing of 15 Palestinian paramedics. The announcement was described as the military’s first criminal probes in connection with conduct in the war.
The military said it had completed reviews of 150 incidents and made decisions in five cases. It also said it would not open criminal investigations into three other attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders.
Rajab and her family were killed in February 2024 after their car came under fire while they were trying to flee, and the deaths of the medics in May 2025 drew international outcry. The article says U.N. experts have said Rajab’s killing might constitute a war crime, and rights groups have filed complaints with the International Criminal Court.
Rajab’s grandmother said the Israeli investigation was not enough and called for an international probe. The report also notes that the military statement did not mention some other high-profile killings that Israel has said it would investigate, including a 2025 strike on a hospital in southern Gaza that killed five journalists.
以色列军方就 Hind Rajab 和巴勒斯坦急救人员遇害展开刑事调查
以色列军方周三表示,已就加沙战争中的两起案件展开刑事调查,分别是 5 岁女孩 Hind Rajab 及其家人遇害,以及 15 名巴勒斯坦急救人员遇害。报道将这次宣布描述为军方首次就战争中的军人行为启动刑事调查。
军方称,已审查 150 起相关事件,并对其中 5 起作出决定。与此同时,军方还表示,不会就另外三起导致世界中央厨房和无国界医生组织救援人员死亡的袭击展开刑事调查。
报道写道,Rajab 及其家人于 2024 年 2 月在试图逃离时乘坐的汽车遭到射击后遇害;15 名医护人员于 2025 年 5 月死亡的事件也引发国际谴责。文中还提到,联合国人权理事会的独立专家曾表示,Rajab 的死亡可能构成战争罪,维权组织已向国际刑事法院提交申诉。
Rajab 的祖母表示,以色列的调查“不够”,并呼吁进行国际调查。报道同时指出,军方声明没有提及其他一些此前承诺调查的高关注度死亡事件,包括 2025 年加沙南部一家医院遭袭、造成 5 名记者死亡的案件。