Israeli strikes hit air base runway in northwest Syria but caused no casualties, state TV reports

- Syrian state TV reported that Israeli airstrikes hit the Abu Duhur air base runway in northwestern Syria early Tuesday.
- State TV said eight strikes hit the runway and caused material damage, but no casualties.
- There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military on the reported attack.
- The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said foreign fighters had recently been asked to leave the base, and that Turkey has been rehabilitating it after years out of service.
- U.S. Ambassador to Turkey and Special Envoy to Syria Tom Barrack called the strikes an unnecessary escalation and said Washington wants de-escalation through diplomacy.
Syrian state TV said Israeli airstrikes struck the runway of the Abu Duhur air base in northwestern Syria early Tuesday. The broadcaster said eight strikes hit the site in Idlib province and caused material damage, but no one was injured.
The Israeli military did not immediately comment on the report. Turkish officials also did not respond right away to requests for comment.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said foreign fighters had been staying at the base before being asked to leave recently, and said Turkey has been rehabilitating the air base after years of disuse during Syria’s conflict.
Tom Barrack, the U.S. ambassador to Turkey and special envoy to Syria, said on X that Washington was deeply concerned about the strikes and viewed them as an unnecessary escalation. He said the United States would continue hosting discussions to encourage diplomacy between the two sides.
叙利亚国家电视台称以色列空袭击中叙西北部一处空军基地跑道,未造成人员伤亡
叙利亚国家电视台称,以色列空袭周二凌晨击中叙利亚西北部阿布杜胡尔空军基地的跑道。报道说,空袭共8次,发生在伊德利卜省,造成物质损失,但没有人员伤亡。
以色列军方没有立即就这起报告中的袭击发表评论。土耳其方面也未马上回应置评请求。
总部位于英国的“叙利亚人权观察组织”称,外国战斗人员此前曾驻留该基地,后来被要求离开;该组织还说,土耳其一直在修复这座因叙利亚冲突而多年停用的空军基地。
美国驻土耳其大使兼叙利亚问题特使汤姆·巴拉克在X上表示,华盛顿对这次空袭“深感担忧”,认为这是没有必要的升级。他说,美国将继续推动双方通过外交方式缓和紧张局势。