LIVEAI market intelligence
StarLive
StarNews › Entertainment
🎬 Entertainment

Kennedy Center tells court it won't try to restore Trump's name to the building before Sept. 8

肯尼迪中心告知法院,9月8日前不会尝试恢复特朗普姓名到建筑外墙
🎬
✓ Key facts
  • The Kennedy Center told a federal court it would not try to restore President Donald Trump's name to the building's facade before at least Sept. 8.
  • Lawyers for Rep. Joyce Beatty asked Judge Christopher Cooper for an earlier ruling, saying the board appeared ready to carry out the resolution as soon as possible after that date.
  • The center's board voted to rename the plaza in front of the building after Trump and to add his name to the facade, while also backing a two-year closure for renovations.
  • Cooper previously ruled that the letters spelling out Trump's name had been added illegally and ordered them removed.
  • In the latest filing, the Kennedy Center said it was not committing to remove the tarp covering the area and argued the covering related to water testing and roof-overhang repairs.

The Kennedy Center has told a federal court that it will not try to restore President Donald Trump's name to the building's facade before at least Sept. 8. The filing adds another step to an ongoing dispute over the future of the performing arts venue.

Attorneys for Rep. Joyce Beatty, an Ohio Democrat who sits on the board ex officio, asked U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper to rule sooner. They argued there is reason to think the defendants could move ahead with part of the board's latest resolution as soon as they are able after Sept. 8.

The board recently voted to rename the plaza in front of the center after Trump and to place his name on the facade so the building would read, in part, 'The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Restored and Renovated By President Donald J. Trump.' The board also backed a two-year closure for renovations, while some major programs would move off site.

Cooper previously ruled that the Trump name letters had been installed illegally and ordered them removed. In the new filing, the Kennedy Center did not promise to take down the tarp covering the area, saying it is part of work tied to water testing and structural repairs.

中文版

肯尼迪中心告知法院,9月8日前不会尝试恢复特朗普姓名到建筑外墙

肯尼迪中心已告知联邦法院,至少在9月8日之前不会尝试把唐纳德·特朗普的名字恢复到建筑外墙上。这份文件使这座表演艺术场所未来走向的争议进一步延续。

来自俄亥俄州的民主党众议员乔伊斯·比蒂的律师要求美国联邦地区法官克里斯托弗·库珀尽早作出裁定。他们认为,法院有理由相信被告可能会在9月8日后尽快推进董事会最新决议的部分内容。

董事会最近投票决定,将中心前方广场以特朗普命名,并把他的名字加到外墙上,使建筑名称部分显示为“the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Restored and Renovated By President Donald J. Trump”。董事会还支持为期两年的翻修关闭计划,但一些重要项目将迁至场外举办。

库珀此前裁定,安装特朗普姓名字母的做法属于非法,并下令拆除。肯尼迪中心在最新文件中没有承诺移除覆盖该区域的防水布,只表示这层覆盖物与水测试和结构维修工作有关。

Original reporting: AP News. StarLive rewrote this story in its own words, preserving the facts; the full third-party article is not reproduced. AI-generated · market intelligence, not financial advice.
🔍 Analyze any asset with StarLive's 7-layer AI →