Top-ranked Jannik Sinner withdraws from the US Open with a knee injury
- Jannik Sinner withdrew from the U.S. Open because he has not recovered from a right knee injury.
- Sinner said he would not be ready for the main draw, which begins on Aug. 30.
- He has been sidelined since winning the Wimbledon title and also withdrew from the Montreal and Cincinnati warm-up events.
- Sinner is the defending 2024 U.S. Open champion and lost to Carlos Alcaraz in last year's final.
- Sinner said on social media that he was sad and disappointed, and noted that New York is special to him.
Top-ranked Jannik Sinner withdrew from the U.S. Open on Friday because he had not recovered from a right knee injury. He said he will not be ready for the main draw, which starts Aug. 30.
Sinner has been out of action since winning Wimbledon last month. He also pulled out of the hard-court events in Montreal and Cincinnati, which are typically used as lead-in tournaments for the U.S. Open.
In a post on X, Sinner said he and his team had made the difficult decision that he would not compete this year. He said he had returned to the court in Monte Carlo in recent days but needed more time to recover.
Sinner won the 2024 U.S. Open and lost to Carlos Alcaraz in last year’s final. Alcaraz, who has also dealt with injury this year, said on social media that he expected to be ready to play in New York.
世界排名第一的扬尼克·辛纳因膝伤退出美网
世界排名第一的扬尼克·辛纳于周五退出美国网球公开赛,原因是他尚未从右膝伤势中恢复。他表示自己赶不上8月30日开始的正赛。
辛纳自上个月赢得温布尔登冠军后一直缺阵。他还退出了蒙特利尔和辛辛那提两站硬地热身赛,这些赛事通常被视为美网前的重要准备赛。
辛纳在X上的发文中表示,他和团队做出了自己今年无法参赛的艰难决定。他说,自己最近几天已在摩纳哥重新上场训练,但仍需要更多时间康复。
辛纳是2024年美网冠军,并在去年的决赛中输给了卡洛斯·阿尔卡拉斯。阿尔卡拉斯今年也曾受到伤病影响,他在社交媒体上表示自己预计可以在纽约参赛。